Samantha Miller, Frank Gebhard, and Judy Rodd of Friends of Blackwater.
Martin Christ and Callie Cronin of the WVDEP.
Josh Saville of Downstream Strategies.
Stephen Sites of West Virginia Division of Highways
Kenneth Lazzaro of Dominion energy
Friends of Blackwater, inc.
- Past watershed coordinators have outlined where pollution is coming from at Beaver Creek.
- Monitoring monthly for pH, Temperature (C), and Conductivity.
- Quarterly taking grab samples and calculating flow.
- We would like access to Dominion property for planning treatment of seeps under grant.
- Removed damaged culvert on Beaver Creek across from A Frame Road
- Added fish habitat and planted around the new low water crossing across from A-Frame Road.
- Removed old dam upstream of Rubenstein Center
- Narrowed Creek with Woody Debris, Created one big pool and micro-pools, planted 100 trees at the dam site.
- Have been planting aspen, spruce, willow, and elderberry from Earnst Bioengineering.
Department of Natural Resources
- Released fingerling brown trout after lime treatment and seeing good results.
- Will grant access to Friends of Blackwater on Dominion property if sent a request.
West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection
- Would like to see a treatment plan for Hawkins Run.
West Virginia Highways
- Will check on Bike Trail maintenance role of WVDOH to make it a safer place to ride.
Callie Cronin Sams – WV Save Our Streams Program
- Callie working on bringing high school classes out to test water in Beaver Creek
Jonathan Knight – WV Department of Environmental Protection
- Have a Pre-Bid scheduled for Chaffey run for week of 10/11/2021.
- Clearing and grubbing will be completed prior to 3/31/2021, with the rest being completed over spring/summer.