Click Here To CONTRIBUTE!!!
We are building a circle of love and protection around the landscapes and communities that we cherish.
Friends of Blackwater works to protect and promote natural beauty, diverse creatures, unique heritage, and the outdoor recreation economy in the Mid-Atlantic Allegheny Highlands -- home to the magnificent, 10,000-acre Blackwater Canyon – West Virginia’s “Scenic Crown Jewel.” Our professional staff and grass-roots citizen advocacy are a strong force for responsible conservation and sustainable progress in the Highlands.
FOB in the Newsroom
- 11/10/2021 Parsons Advocate: NCCC helps Friends of Blackwater and the West Virginia Land trust
- 6/08 Parsons Advocate: Restoring the Blackwater Trail
- 6/07 Parsons Advocate: Volunteers Celebrate Earth Day with Camp 70 Road Cleanup
- 5/28 Parsons Advocate: Blackwater River Loop Trail Gets Support
- 2/15 Parsons Advocate: MKL Weekend food drive raises $5600 for Tucker Food Banks
- 1/9 The Intermountain: FOB Thanks Legislators for New River Gorge Designation
- 11/4 Parson's Advocate: New Illustrated Signs Highlight Heritage in Davis and Thomas
- 11/2 States of Leading News: Governor Justice awards $8.6 million in TARTP Grants in West Virginia
Friends of Blackwater has recently submitted our comments on the Federal Agency Climate Adaptation and Resilience Plans. We are opposed to there being no mentioning of old-growth forests, let alone anything about their carbon sequestering ability. Click the button below to read our comments! The Center for Biological Diversity, Earthjustice, Environment America, Larch Company, Natural […]